Our Learning Community
- Is comprised of multi-age learning cohorts that allow for mentoring, a diversity of learners, and an autonomous learning environment.
- Has clear expectations for behavior, schedule, and assignments, and students, therefore, feel safe and comfortable. They are able to express their needs and feel supported to be individuals, and to grow socially, emotionally, and academically.
- Includes a strong focus on the social curriculum. We incorporation the Northeast Foundation for Children’s Responsive Classroom approach, using, for example, a daily Morning Meeting to create and maintain a positive and successful learning environment.
- Allows students to routinely share work and ideas through collaboration, discussion, and reflection.
- Encourages student participation as learners by fostering academic choice and intrinsic motivation. We use an inquiry-based learning approach that allows students to explore what they are most passionate about.